samedi 19 avril 2014

pair of chins in GA need new home

Hey I will try to keep this short, but relevant, to start out.



I am interested in finding a great forever home for my two chinchillas with some special needs. One is a neutered male and the other is an intact female with a (permanent) head tilt. She has zero issues getting around or doing anything. Parasites were ruled out when she was juvenile and the only other diagnostic to do would be an MRI. They have lived together for 6 years. I have had the female since 2006, she was 6 months old from the pet store (they were going to euthanize because of the head tilt). I got the male in 2008 as a companion for her from a rescue in FL where we all used to live and had him neutered by the vet office I worked at. He has bilateral inguinal fat hernias but these are normal complications with chinchilla neuters, apparently. So those are their issues. His age is unknown but they are at least 7 since I have had her that long. They live in a big custom wooden and wire cage which they would come with.



I am a veterinary student in GA. I graduate in one year and am in the Army. I leave town a lot for weeks at a time. My Army job will have me moving a lot in the future. I don't spend time with them really, just feed them and house them. I think they have great potential for being more social and I think they deserve someone with more time for them. They are both nice and do not bite when handled. She gets very stressed but can be calmed easily. It would just take someone with TIME, experience and patience.



Please message me if you're interested in further details or know of somewhere I could find help in re-homing them!




Attached Images





File Type: jpg chins.jpg (57.5 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire