dimanche 27 avril 2014

Chinchillas and Cats

My local animal shelter is having a hard time maintaining the high inventory of cats that they have. Since I volunteer there, they have asked if I would either like to adopt or foster a cat to make room for others who need to be there as well.



I have the money, time, and knowledge to invest into a new pet; but I don't know how fair that is to my chinchilla.



Keep in mind, my chinchilla's previous home had three dogs, and the home before that he had one, very loud, dog. For the past year he hasn't been around any other pets. He's in a safe, Martin cage. I don't think a cat's paw could even get into it, and obviously I wouldn't let him out when the cat is in the same room.



But at night, since we have a roommate, all pets go into everyone's bedrooms. Do you think it's okay to have a cat and chinchilla in the same room, even with the chinchilla in a secure cage? Are there problems? Do other people have experience with having a chinchilla and cats?



I want to know this before I consider adoption, as I don't want to put my chinchilla or the new cat at risk.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire