mardi 29 avril 2014

Chinnies not eating/ vet has no clue what's wrong

Hi everybody, I am in desperate need of some advice.

I have two chinchilla's and they are both not eating or drinking anything.



Both are males, born march 13th 2007, never had any problems with them.

When I noticed Dribbel started to eat less and less and his poops were changing in size and color, I took him to see a specialized chinchilla vet.

The vet said he had a small spur on one of his last teeth, so an operation was scheduled to trim down the spur. I needed to hand feed him the days before the operation. Last friday he would have been operated but unfortunately he lost even more weight, even though I hand fed him multiple times a day. The vet said he wouldn't make it, so we went home, I needed to hand feed him more and come back yesterday. His brother Dommel also lost weight and was not eating by saturday so I started hand feeding him also.

Yesterday I took my boys to the vet, Dommel had lost more weight :( but Dribbel fortunately gained 16 grams in 2 days.

Dommel's teeth were checked but nothing was found, the vet wanted to take a closer look so both the guys were put to sleep with anesthetics.

Dribbel's tooth was filed down but the vet said the spur was so little and caused no damage to the cheek or tongue, that could not be the reason why he wouldn't want to eat. Dommel's teeth were checked and they were fine.

So I had the vet to check their blood.

Nothing was found. Liver, kindneys, everything was normal. No bacteria.

The vet has no clue what is going on and neither do I.



I am hand feeding the little guys but Dommel doesn't want to swallow it. He just spits it back out :(

I don't know what to do anymore. Their food is the same as ever, no different changes in their cage, cage is the same....no plants around the cage (so they could nibble on them). The cage is completey safe.



They are not active, they just sit there. When I sit in front of the cage and I open the door, they do hop on my lap and start exploring everything....those moments they look fine, but other moments they look sad, depressed, I don't know how to describe it...



What can I do? I am so terrified I will lose my chinnies. :cry3:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire