dimanche 20 avril 2014

Blood in urine or red urine?

Hello all,



I have a 7 year old male chinchilla I have had for about a year now. He has been fine up until now with no complications, but I looked into his cage just a second ago and seen that he has what looks like blood on some of his ledges! Looking online I read some chinchillas can have just dark pee that looks like blood, but I can't tell.



There was some poop too, but I don't think the blood came when he was doing that because I have seen him poop since then with nothing coming out.



He is very much the same as always, very energetic and eating his hay and making his little happy noises as always, but I know chinchillas don't usually show their sickness until to late.



He eats fresh timothy hay everyday, and oxbow pellets. His chew toys are willow sticks/balls, lava rock ledges and triangles, tim hay blocks, and sometimes apple sticks. He is drinking normal water it seems, and this is the very first time I have ever seen this, and it's only in two spots, one his wood ledge and a small small amount on his yellow lava ledge right above it. I included some pictures of it here to see what you guys thinks.









and then a little bit here:







Of course I will be taking him to the vet about this! But it is 6am on Sunday for me, and I don't think any near me are going to be open. Could this be a UTI or worse?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire