mercredi 30 avril 2014

Is this suitable for a chin?

So yesterday while at the local Salvation Army, I found a really nice cage. It's on a stand with wheels, had a huge front door, and there's two doors on the top that open. It's technically a bird cage, you can tell because there's slide doors for the coop cups. I have already figured out a way to 'lock' them so they cant open.

The bars are about 1/2" apart, and its probably close to 2 1/2 feet high. It's kinda squared. It has a grate on the bottom, but can be removed, and also has a slide-out tray on the bottom (which can easily be secured in place).



It's similar to this one at Petsmart:

http://ift.tt/R0U6OY



It's not exactly like that, but pretty similar.



I have been looking for another cage that can double as a baby-safe cage (yes I do want to breed two of my chins. Yes they are pedigreed, and yes I know what I'm "getting into". I plan on working closely with their breeder and my local vet, who is comfortable and experienced with chins).



I'll get pictures of the cage later once I clean it up more. But based on the fact that it's similar to the one linked above, do you think it'll work for a chin?



I know it's a little small, but all three of my babies get at least 30 minutes of 'free time' in the chin room every night (usually get longer than that).




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire