mercredi 28 janvier 2015

To neuter/spay or not?

Okay. So I am an owner of three beautiful chinchillas. 2 girls and 1 boy. All three of which are separated. 1 girl is incredibly hostile toward any sort of interaction and so I was never able to bond my two girls. Well recently my other girl (Mika) and boy (Loki), have been having a bit of tug of war back and fourth between their fleece liners. I thought it was aggressive behavior to be honest until I saw them rubbing noses and making cooing sounds. I let them both out under some VERY supervised dust bathing and they were being incredibly friendly.



Now of course I realize that putting them together would equal babies which I definitely don't want. So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has ever had their chinchilla spayed/neutered and how the process was. If it's even doable? I've heard it can be very dangerous because of the anesthesia and I wanted personal opinions. If it's not possible for me to get it done safely then I won't bother and they will just have to continue to be separated. All feedback is welcome! :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire