mardi 27 janvier 2015

progress?

Okay so I tried play time again with Oliver today since it had been a week since I've gotten him. He jumps and squeaks when I go to pick him up and squirms when I have him in my arms, but will usually relax after a few seconds. We got to the bathroom and he did his usual chinchilla exploring and even hopped on my lap a few times! I just quietly sat there with a book and let him do his thing. It was only for about 10 minutes because I was told to keep it short for now. He still didn't like being picked up and taken back to his cage but we managed. He happily accepted his regular dustbath (and obviously thought I needed dusting too!) He is now cuddled up on one of his shelves sound asleep, even though I've been in the same room the whole time. Progress? I hope so. Should I start making this play time routine regular despite him not enjoying being picked up? should it be once a week? or should I just wait a while longer altogether to try playtime? (I just don't want him to think he'll be cooped up forever) It has only been a week since I've had him but I want the best for my fur baby. <3 Thanks!




Attached Images





File Type: jpg IMG_0142.jpg (88.6 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire