samedi 24 janvier 2015

A Beautiful Chinchilla Experience!!

I'd like to share with you all a beautiful and very rewarding chinchilla experience I had with my ten month old beige male Zulu today. Zulu is a rescue case, and came from a home where he was kept in a tiny cage, and fed crap. When he came to me, he was underweight and a stress bucket. It's taken many months to build up a tentative trust with him. He had never had toys, and when I slowly began to offer them, he would have diarrhoea with stress. He didn't know how to eat hay properly, and had never been handled. He has always been highly strung and skittish, but eventually he accepted hand feeding and scritches on his terms. Today, he called to me when I went into the chin room to do morning feed, climbed into my arms and snuggled in my fleece. Then he stood up on his hind legs, gave kisses and hopped back in his cage for his breakfast.

I'm in and out of the chin room all day, and he's been asking for cuddles every time I passed by his cage.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire