jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Making hard decisions

The apartment seemed a little bigger today, because our family is smaller.



I gave one of my dogs away yesterday, and as hard as it was, I think it was the best thing I could do for him. He needs to run, and was on the verge of going neurotic in our little apartment. We walked him as much as we could, but he was used to having a half acre yard. There was nowhere we could find to let him really burn all that energy, and it wasn't fair to him.



Kyme went to a family with a huge, four acre yard. They have two other dogs for him to play with, and kids to run him ragged. He's going to go on regular trips to their family farm, and have more space than he'll know what to do with.



I still feel like a monster for giving up on one dog, and keeping the other. The corgi is perfectly happy to lounge around when he's not out on a walk. But still, they're supposed to be family for life.



I know I did the best thing I could for Kyme, but I still feel like I failed him. I'll miss the big idiot, but I know he'll be so much happier with his new family.



Sorry for the dramatics, but I needed to vent.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire