lundi 19 janvier 2015

Missing toes - need some guidance.

Hello everyone.



I have 2 fur babies that I love dearly. Sadly, later last week, they had gotten into a fight while their cages were a little too close together.



My youngest chin, Chillie, is now missing 2 of her fingers (comparable to the ring finger and index finger on a human.) I took her to the vet, where they gave her some pain medicine and sent me home with baytril (which I won't be giving her unless I see signs of infection.)



What worries me is what looks to be exposed bone protruding from her wounds (pictured below.) She is still eating and drinking fine as well as being playful when I come to her cage, but she is laying down a lot more than usual and holding her paw close to her body. I put some blue kote on her wounds (which hurt her, quite visibly :(. ) Will she heal on her own if I monitor it and apply blue kote, or do I need another vet visit to see if they can clip some of the exposed bone off?



Apologies if these pictures are hard to see (I'm sure you're all aware how hard it is to make chinnies sit still.) This has been the first real injury of my baby since I got her 2 years ago, and I'm worried sick. Thank you all in advance.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire