samedi 31 janvier 2015

Cages and pans!!

Hello!



So I officially have my deposit down on my first chinchilla ever! I am very excited and have been doing a ton of research while I wait until he is old enough to come home!



My question: I am going to be getting either the ferret or critter nation double unit. I am going back and fourth on getting the bass pans or putting a wood "liner" in. I have seen some rescue sites using the wood to make deeper Pans with aspen/cedar shavings and was wondering if you all thought one was better than the other? If I go with the bass pans I will likely use fleece rather than shavings.



My second question is if I get the ferret nation, which seems to have bars that are sturdier than the critter version, I would need to line the cage so he can't squeeze through the bigger bars. How do people attach the hardware cloth? My initial thought was zip ties but I would like to avoid plastic if possible.



Thanks so much!!! This site has been so helpful in my learning of chinchilla care!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire