mardi 13 janvier 2015

Farm Hay vs Store Hay?

I am looking to purchase a bale of hay for my chinchillas from a local farm, but I wasn't sure if there was anything I needed to be aware of while looking at farm hay that you don't need to do with store bought hay. I know the hay basics, but it seems like perhaps farm hays may have more risk for contamination. I could be wrong. I am currently using the Kaytee hay as it is the most affordable store bought hay. However I can get bales of hay for $10 or less that should last way longer than a bag of Hay.



I see a lot of mixed hays in my area such as Timothy/alfalfa mix or oat/orchard grass, is this something I sould stay away from?



Also are there any specific questions I should ask about their growing or harvesting process?



Is there any extra risk to purchasing farm hay vs petstore hay?



Any help is welcome!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire