lundi 28 juillet 2014

need suggestions for a good hay feeder/manager

I can't seem to find a good hay feeder/manager for my chin. I tried using the wooden ones that are sold at Petco and Petsmart. It worked well for a few months, then I accidently dropped it and one side of the top wooden bar came loose, it wasn't glued on one side so it stuck out a little bit. Well that peeked his interest because the next moring he chewed through the top wooden bar. Then he started working his way down to the next bar, etc. Pretty soon there wasn't much left to the front of it.



I bought another and within a couple days he had chewed through the front again (he must really like that kind of wood). Obviously I can't keep buying a new one of these once or twice a week, so I went online to try and find a good alternative.



I found a metal one from Bass Equipment (the 7" Econo Hay Rack found here: http://ift.tt/1Aqtn0K) that goes on the outside of the cage.



The problem with this one is it's just too big. The gap between the cage bars and the edge of the hay rack is 3", so if I put some hay in there he can't reach it through the bars. I've tried sticking some part way into the cage but I have to put so much in there that it makes a complete mess inside and outside of his cage, plus it wastes a lot of hay everyday. If this was only about an inch deep then it would be pretty good.



What does everyone use for a hay manager/feeder? Ideally I'd like something metal so he can't chew it but it seems like the only options are wooden ones and this big metal one from Bass Equipment. I know some people on here make and sell custom wooden feeders does anyone make custom metal feeders?



Are there any particular wooden feeders that you would recommend?



Thank you.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire