mercredi 30 juillet 2014

Looking for advice

My husband bought me two chins at an auction this spring because I've always wanted a chinchilla. First thing I did when we got them home was separate them because we didn't know what sex they were. After researching how to sex them I was glad we had separated them because of course we had one male and one female. As it turned out I was wasting my time because the female was already pregnant and surprised us with 2 very cute kits. One of each sex.



Up till this past monday (when the kits turned 8 weeks old) I had all four chins in a two story critter nation cage with the two sections cut off from each other to prevent pregnancy. Now having had to separate the male kit from mom and sister I really am finding that I do not have the space needed for 4 adult chins. So I have two questions:



1) Would one level of the critter nation be large enough for 2 adult chins?



2) How do I find a good home for one or two of my chins? I don't want to sell them to someone who is inexperienced and won't treat them well but I don't know how to go about finding experienced owners in my area.



Can anyone help or give me some advice?



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire