jeudi 17 juillet 2014

First time owner, getting them settled..

Hi All,



So next week i'll be bringing home two gorgeous males, one pink white one very dark ebony. I've been lurking around this place the past few months in anticipation, soaking up as much knowledge as I can.



They'll both be 3 months old, I just have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer.



1. Should I leave them in their cage with minimal attention for a short while, just to get settled? Or is play time ok from the get-go.



2. As they're young, how much play time should they be getting per day / week? And for how long?



3. If they're to be left in their cage to get used to surroundings, should dust baths be given in the cage during this period? If so, how many dust baths per week is suitable for young chins?



4. Lastly, we have a puppy which we've had only 2 weeks. I'm guessing keep them separated, but i've seen a read of stories and watched some vids depcting dogs getting along with chins or at least apathetic with them. They're all very young, so would it be ok to get them used to each other fairly quickly so they can adjust faster growing up?



I think that about covers it, I'm really excited but just nervous that I'll get something horribly wrong in the first few weeks which could lead to problems down the line!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire