dimanche 20 juillet 2014

Chin was trapped under ceramic bowl overnight

When I was giving out treats to my chins a few hours ago, I realized one of my chins didn't come running and as I looked around her cage I couldn't find her at all. Then my heart sank when I noticed that the very large heavy ceramic bowl I keep on the floor of her cage was turned over....I pulled it up and she wobbled out. I didn't ever consider she could tip that bowl because it's so heavy.She felt slightly damp (she had urinated) and very hot, so I cooled her down and after I let her rest for a few minutes I brushed through her fur and gave her a dust bath. She perked up quite a bit after her dust bath and is now hopping around much more normally, but it scared me so badly! I don't know how many hours she was trapped and I am so happy she didn't suffocate.



I hand fed her some Lifeline and a tiny bit of Dyne. I am going to keep close watch tonight to make sure she eats and drinks. Anything else I need to look out for? Has this happened to anyone else's chin?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire