lundi 28 juillet 2014

Chins in Texas (Houston area)

Okay there prob is NOT a bigger "newbie" to Chins than myself. I am acquiring a new family member (1 year old Chinchilla) from my neighbor because they have 2 already and the 3rd is not fitting into their household. They are giving me everything (cage, toys, extra food, bedding, etc...) that they bought for this little guy, and I'm already familiar with him because our kids are good friends. I'm over there regularly and have handled him myself as have my kids (almost daily for several months), so he won't be going to complete strangers. He's very easy going and seems to be accepting of new people...but again...I don't know jack squat about them!!



I'm reading a LOT and learning as much as I can today before picking him up after work this afternoon.



My biggest concern initially is this temperature requirement. I know they have not kept their home at 70* and they have not had any other additional cooling source/AC/fan on their Chins. My house is usually around 77-78* inside (hey...I'm in SE texas and it's HOT here). So...what's the deal with this 70* warning I keep reading about?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire