mercredi 23 juillet 2014

Chinchilla heart abcess

Hi everyone!



I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post.



I noticed a very subtle change in my chinchilla - being strange around her water bottle. I took her to the vets as I thought better safe than sorry! She was diagnosed with a lung infection and had dropped from 530g to 480g. She was treated with antibiotics and syringe feeding. When she returned in a week that had cleared up.



Her weight then dropped and we went back to the vets. Now an internal abscess in front of the heart had developed. We were told the abcess couldn't be treated as the body builds a wall around it to protect resulting in antibiotics not being able to get in. The vet thought she had about 2 weeks left.



It's now 3 weeks and she's still here!! She's put on 40g and is being syringe fed 45-55ml of oxbow critical care. In the last couple of days she's started eating again. A couple of days ago she went into the vets for 3 nights as we were away. She lost 30g but they thought that was due to a change of enviroment. 2 days back at home and she's put on 20g.



This is a very long winded way of me asking if there's anything else I can do for her- any other foods to build her up? Any suggestions at all...



Thank you for your help!!



Sarah




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire