mardi 29 septembre 2015

watery eye

Hi,
One of my chinchillas, Belle, has been having slightly wet fur around her eyes. I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but I've been noticing it looks like it pretty much every night. The other night, there was a very small amount of white discharge in one eye that was gone when I went to look again (maybe she blinked it out?)
What could be causing this? How can I fix it?
I'd prefer not to take her to a vet if it's an easy fix, but I will take her if I need to. (On a side note, is there a vet quote for around NH? I've never taken a small animal to the vet and I'd like to know around how much to expect to pay.)

They dusted every night, (I switched it to every other in case that's the problem) since it doesn't seem to bother them. I don't know if this could make her eyes water?
The only thing I have changed from their original owner was aspen shavings, which I have taken out for the time being. I don't know if she could be allergic? But her eyes didn't get watery till weeks after I put the shavings in.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire