mercredi 23 septembre 2015

First time Chinchilla owner trying to do everything right :)

Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca. I am 22 years old and I purchased my first chinchilla this year. Her name is Rosie and I love her very much. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right for her AND I would like some advice on introducing a second chinchilla.

So first, on Rosie and my care of her. All suggestions on how I could do better/questions on her care are welcome!

Rosie is in a 4 level critternation cage. It's the largest I could find. I use fleece covers on the cage liners and clean her cage weekly. She eats Oxbow fortified pellets and Kaytee natural Timothy hay. She is let out usually 4-5 times a week for an hour or more of out of cage exercise. I don't give her too many treats but usually I stick to tiny raisin pieces. I give her dust baths as needed, usually every other day. The air quality in her room and the temperature is monitored.

I've never owned a chinchilla before and I've only had Rosie about a year. I want to try to bring in a companion for her though because as much as I try to interact with her, I'm not a chinchilla.

I have one in mind from a rescue that I can pick up as soon as within the next couple of days. I am currently planning to follow this protocol for their introduction:
http://ift.tt/1JpVcXv

they have the same cage, so my plan is to take out the side panels and put the two cages together to make them doubly as wide. This is only after proper introductions, of course.

Does anyone have any suggestions or questions for me at all? I am new at being a chinchilla owner, but I genuinely want to do what is best for Rosie and her new companion. Money is pretty much not an object, I just want them both to be happy and healthy. Thanks for any help!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire