lundi 7 septembre 2015

Still drooling after the teeth filing

Hey all, my chinchilla Gwen recently got her teeth filed. About two days after the filing, I took her to the vet again because she still wasn't eating the critical care and she was still drooling. The vet checked her out and said that she had an ulcer on her tongue so she probably wasn't eating because it was painful for her. So to combat this he told me to force feed her critical care and keep up with the pain meds...but that was three days ago from the second visit to the vet- five days from her original tooth filing visit. I just don't know what is causing the drooling? She's also pawing at her mouth, is she still in pain despite the pain meds, or is it the pain meds that's making her drool? She is taking Meloxidyl (meloxicam) oral susp 1.5. She takes one 0.07 mL syringe once a day. To this date she has had 6 doses. Does anyone have any insight for me on this?!?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire