mardi 29 septembre 2015

Getting a 2nd Chinchilla - General Questions

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a second chinchilla in addition to my 8 year old, Gizmo. However, I'm a bit conflicted on a couple different issues. I wanted to get a girl, but I am in college and do not want to nor do I know anything about breeding, whether intentional or unintentional. Another thing is the age of the chinchilla that I should get. Gizmo is 8, so I thought about rescuing an older one vs buying a kit from a breeder. However, I wanted to buy a kit from a breeder because then I know a little bit about the quality and past of the chinchilla. My final problem would be bonding. Gizmo has been in contact with other chinchillas and he has been fine, but I'm worried about jealousy. I know I won't know how he reacts until he meets his potential new friend. Also, would you recommend having two separate cages, or combining them into one? I have a Ferret Nation 182, so it is completely possible to have it to where they can go into each other's part of the cage, but I might just have it blocked off so they have their own space.

Can anyone help me out at all?

Thank you


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire