samedi 26 septembre 2015

Male chins weird Bonding issues

I bought Toby after a year from now to be a partner for Kai so he wouldn't be lonely, and it's always the same issue with Kai and Toby. Here's how they go on every day.

I put Toby in bigger cage with Kai when I wake up in the morning. Toby and Kai greet each other usually when Kai is in the cozy bed. Toby goes in the bed and they start nibble on each others face and fur. They do like each other, because they always groom each other and when they play in the bathroom with each other they never fight.

If I am home they never have fights during the day time, when I am at work they do get into fights (But I do come home either 10 or 12am). But nothing terrible, never was ever terrible. No bite marks, no blood, just arguments with a messy cage.

I stay awake until usually 2 or 3am. When I am about to go to sleep I put Toby in his cage which is right next to the bigger cage so they can interact and not feel lonely. They can touch each others nose at least. Sometimes Kai when I put Toby away in other cage he starts acting up. He starts to continuously bite the bars on the cage. Like how a child would get annoyed if you took their toy away. I usually try to take his mind off of Toby leaving by giving him something to chew on.

Thing I've learned from them both is I can't leave them both in the same cage at night or fighting will happen (Nothing serious, just some loose fur from Kai and no blood, etc). But I do think it's just Toby wanting to play and it's not even fighting. And Kai is a grouchy young man that doesn't want to play in the cage. Lol. Toby is aggressive to my female chins. If the female chins happen to be by the males big cage (or small one) he will start to claw at them, and he almost had bite one of the girls but my husband got his finger bite by Toby as he was trying to get one of my females from escaping the playpen. Toby used to claw/scratching and Jump around at Kai in the small carrier when I first introduced them both. And it took them weeks to get introduced properly. Mainly because I am too worried on what will happen, and don't want any of them hurt.

I am sometimes on the verge of giving up Toby. But I have realized they do in fact like each other very much, and I can't give up Toby because Kai has already been separated from his mother and sister. I wouldn't want to upset Kai or Toby.

And it's been over a year now doing what I do with them, and separating them almost every night. I can put up with this as I don't see them ever hurting each other. I've learned about both of their personalities.

Right now they are together sleeping in bed :)

Anyone else have any stories like this?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire