dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Olive!

Hello guys,

I got my second chinchilla last night. However, my first chinchilla I had when I was younger, and I barely remember anything about her, so I'm definitely considering myself a new chin owner!

So as I was reading some threads, I decided to name this cutie Olive. She's black velvet, I believe. She's not full grown, but I bought her at a pet store, so I don't really know how old she is. I'm just going to assume a year, although she's probably a bit younger.


So I'm posting to a.) gush about this cutie pie, and b.) find out a little more about her behaviors.

I was instantly attracted to Olive because she is young and curious, and not shy to my hand. I wanted a baby chinchilla, but I fell in love with Olive, and I feel as if she will be easy to tame (fingers crossed!).

A few things she did really peaked my interest. Any time my hand would enter the cage, she would stand up on her feet and click, which I thought she might bite or spray me so I shied away. But then when I didnt, she would make this interesting sound like a click and a grunt? And she would approach me, still standing, and sort of "hug" my hand. So then I thought she was a lonely male, but she's definitely female. Is that a sign of dominance, maybe? I hope not because it's adorable and I want to encourage it xD.

She is in a feisty ferret 485, and loving it because she was locked to one story with 2 other chins. Her diet is sort of odd, I've never heard of anything like it before, but they mix sunseed chinchilla food with some of their seeded bird food. I can't imagine it being dangerous but I'm sure all that seed is bound to wind her up. So slowly I'm changing her over to just chinchilla food of a different brand.


So, any tips on taming? Like I said very curious little one, and I feel she's at a good age to shape her behaviors. So any advice would be great. I just got her yesterday so I'm mostly letting her be for now!

Thanks in advanced for advice


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire