mardi 24 février 2015

Overly Feisty Chin

So, in Ruffle's playroom, there's a closet that I keep a variety of cleaning supplies. I learned very early on that the clearance underneath that door was high enough to accommodate her. I've taken to covering it with a variety of materials, but she's learned to pull all of them back to gain access to this mystery area behind the door. I'm doing my best to keep her out of it by placing my hand between her and the threshold when she tries to pull back the mat I have in place, but she's taken to biting my fingers. She's yet to draw blood, and I've yet to back down, so I'm sure she knows she can't get through despite coming close more than once. I've started to scoop her up and place her on the opposite side of the room when she starts biting my fingers, making sure to be gentle when scooping her up, and I always let her jump out of my hand of her own accord instead of just plopping her on the ground, but I'm worried I may accidentally hurt her if she struggles overmuch, and I imagine this can't be good for her stress level. So is there a way to condition a chinchilla to *not* do something?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire