mardi 17 février 2015

Chins and Bunnies

Recently, my fiancé and I came across a rabbit that we were hoping to bring home. Long story short, the rabbit is not being given much attention where he currently is and the owners have agreed to sell him to us. We also have a chinchilla, Chester, who is 9 years old. Of course I was not planning to house them together (and can't believe there are people who do). I was hoping, actually, that I would be able to keep the rabbit out most of the time if we can litter train him.



The problem is that I have recently discovered that rabbits carry Pasteurella, which can be deadly to chinchillas. The two have been in the same area before for a short period of time with no problems, but if there is a chance that bringing the rabbit into my home will make Chester ill, I wou never dream of it! Does anyone have a bunny and a chin? Is it safe? My house (apartment) is small, so they would be in the same general area.



Thanks for any advice!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire