mardi 10 février 2015

Huge belly

I have a little rescue here that I have had for about a month. She is 4 yyears old, the daughter of a fur chewer. the previous owner claimed to have been a breeder for the last 16 years, but she did not have the least idea of how to keep the chinchillas' cage clean or that you should not breed rescues. Anyway this little girl has a huge, squishy belly, but I can clearly feel her ribs and spine. The belly appears to fluid. She was fed Mazuri with calf manna mixed in at a 2:1 ratio. The belly is coming down slowly and she is starting to fill in between the bones. We are at a loss here as to explain what is going on. I am hoping a lower protein diet will help her. I feed PRCS with weekly supplements from Ryerson's. Any suggestions or ideas?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire