vendredi 20 février 2015

Eye Troubles

I took my chinchilla to the vet on Wednesday because his right eye would not fully open, he constantly seemed to be squinting. The vet stained the eye and did not find any corneal imperfections however his eye was red and irritated beneath his eye lids. The vet prescribed eye drops (I drop Vet Plus) to be applied 3 times a day and an ointment (neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment) to be applied twice a day. I was told to continue both for 7 days. Today is the beginning of day three and I am worried it is making his eye worse. His eyelids seem crusty from discharge and like they are swollen and puffy.



I was wondering if anyone has had similar troubles and/or has any advice. I don't want to irritate his eye further, but I am not sure if I should be soaking it to prevent it from crusting shut? It seems to open up slowly when he is out for playtime...he is eating fine, and his behavior has not changed. I know stress seems to make it worse and applying both things to his eye so often provides several moments of stress in his day.



Left a message for my vet and am waiting to hear back on if I should bring him back sooner than the seven days...



Thanks in advance for any advice just feeling a bit helpless :(




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire