samedi 7 février 2015

Outraged!!!

Backstory: I live in a small college town and I am a student at the university here and have been for three years. I got my baby Oliver off of craigslist a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did because even though the lady who sold him to me claimed to be a breeder, I don't think she was very knowledgable at all about proper housing and care (plastic everywhere) so I consider getting Ollie a "semi-rescue". Anyway, what is really making my blood boil is what I saw earlier today. I had to pick a friend up from someone else's house and ended up going inside for a little. Then I saw her chinchilla, I felt my heart drop into my stomach. small plastic bottom cage, care fresh bedding that probably hasn't been changed for weeks, plastic house, plastic wheel, not one wood chew toy, "fiesta" food (the kind with treats), minimal hay, and a BOWL of water. The little girl did pop out of her house for a bit and her fur told me everything else I needed to know. matted and fur chewing. This baby needs rescuing. How do I go about this? I don't personally know this owner, only through my friend. I'm not sure if I'll be able to permanently keep her myself but even if I can get her out of there to nurse her back to health and find her a new GOOD home. I know I'm a new chin owner but I have learned so much (from you guys!) and done so much reading and research on what is best for my baby Ollie which has only translated into a passion and love for all chinchillas. Any advice on how to go about this is appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire