samedi 7 février 2015

Cage Upgrades

So, a lot of stuff I have for Ruffle was either a gift from my parents or bought by myself when we didn't know as much about chinchillas. As such, I'm looking to give Ruffle's cage and accessories an upgrade so that she's more content and hopefully a happier chinchilla.



Right now, her water bottle seems to not want to stop leaking (which most likely isn't helped by the fact that her flying saucer shakes the cage when she runs on it). I currently can't find the kind of water bottle I have for her, but it's a plastic one that hangs outside of the cage. I've tried replacing it with this water bottle, but the one I bought still leaks. Is there a better option, or is it more luck of the draw?



Her hay feeder is this one. I don't seem to have run into any major issues with it, but the fact that its plastic makes me nervous. I've been thinking of switching to some kind of wall-mounted ceramic dish and wooden hay rack. Am I just being paranoid, or does this need to change?



I'm using this cage. I've been trying to potty train her so I can lay down some fleece for her feet. Is there a good way to cover the grate (maybe making a fleece cover that wraps around the bottom grate rather than just laying it over top), or am I better off just getting a different cage?



Lastly, I have this bath house for her. I tend to leave it out during playtime on days she gets a dust bath, and I've caught her chewing it at least once (I don't see any pieces missing from it though), so I was thinking of getting her one of these, but my only concern is that it's a bit small and she might outgrow it. Do any of you own the ceramic bath and can vouch for it? She's only just 7 months old, so I don't wager she'll grow *much* more, but from what I understand, she's got another five months of growing left in her.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire