lundi 28 décembre 2015

Sudden change in behavior, skittish, barking

I've had my female chinnie for a year and a half, I got her from a breeder at a young age, not sure exactly, my guess is two months or so.

Today, suddenly, she's become very skittish. I walked into the room and she ran and hid in her corner, behind a chew hut. Normally I might startle her if I walk into the room quickly, but not every single time, or even when I'm already talking to her as I approach the room. Also, she stayed there. Normally, if I do startle her, she's fine in a minute or so. She did this every single time I came into the room today.

Later, I was in the bathroom (her cage shares a wall with it), and when I stepped towards the bathroom door, she ran for her corner again. She would climb on top of the hideout (Tropical Fiddlesticks one), but wouldn't budge from there.

Then, she started barking. She's not a barker, she does, occasionally, but only at night, when the lights are off, and only two or three sets, then quiet. She barked in sets of three for over fifteen minutes solid. I tried talking to her, she just kept barking, and stayed in her corner.

Poop is normal, pee is normal, drinking is normal, eating is normal, eyes seem clear and bright, fur looks normal (dust bath a few days ago), chew toys thoroughly chewed as normal.

I haven't been home much this last week, making it home late at night in time to say hello to her, check her water/food, and go to bed (holidays, death in the family). Because of that, she was let out of the cage only twice this week, normally it's 4 - 6 times per week (one time was yesterday, I didn't see or notice anything awry during playtime). I live alone, no other animals, no one was at my house while I was out, and I haven't had company for a while.

Other than that, there haven't been any real changes, and just today, she's suddenly like this. It really scares me, especially the barking. It varied, but some of it was higher pitched than her normal bark, when she does bark, and I couldn't help but feel because of the hiding she was scarred.

Any ideas?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire