mercredi 9 décembre 2015

Drooling but no malo (X-Ray Included)

Hi Everyone

One of my female chinchillas has been constantly drooling for just over a week now and has had two vet visits.

On the first visit she was given Loxicom and I was advised she may have a mouth ulcer but to bring her back in a week for a full dental visit if no improvement.

I booked her back after a few days and she had an X-ray done and so the vet could had a full look in her mouth.

I was extremely surprised to hear the vet saying it isn't a tooth problem and she probably has a virus and to keep hand feeding her and giving her pain relief.

Does anyone know what virus's chinchillas can get? She isn't sneezing or breathing wheezy and I have 3 other chinchillas so are they in any danger and/or shouldn't they have one too?

I feel pretty lost at the moment since she isn't eating on her own but still passing droppings (obviously from the science supreme recovery food).
I've also lost other chinchillas in the past from malo so I feel paranoid the vet may have missed something.

I have attached a copy of her X-ray for anyone who's interested.

Sorry for the long post!

Thank you

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 20.34.59.jpg (10.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire