jeudi 17 décembre 2015

New Chinparent!

I recently bought two male chinchillas from some people online. They had bought them for their children but didn't want them anymore. I'm not for sure if they got everything that they needed nutritionally or emotionally. I'm trying to learn everything and make them as happy as possible. So any information is helpful. They are a father and a son. (That's what I was told) I'm curious about with them both being male if they are okay to be in the same cage. It seems that the baby is always picking on the dad. They have a large cage so I don't think space is the problem but I could be wrong. Also it seems the dad is, for a lack of a better word, molting. It looks like he could possibly be loosing some hair in patches. I have read that they need certain vitamins and minerals. Could that be Why he Is loosing hair? I was also curious on how to tell the sex of them. It looks the baby could be trying to mount the dad. I thought it could possibly be a dominance thing or maybe the dad could be a female since I'm just going off of what the previous owners told me. Any information or point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire