mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Hello from sunny (air conditioned) California!

Hello Everyone!

I just got my first Chinchilla from a breeder in Northern California about a month ago. He was 12 weeks when I got him. From the very beginning, he has been extremely friendly and social. I simply adore him!

I am so glad to have found this forum so that I can continue my research on how to give him the best, safest, and longest life possible.

I attached pictures of him and his cage below. Two questions based on what I have read here: 1.) Is the outside of this hammock dangerous for him since he appears to be chewing it? The inside is fleece, but the outside definitely is not. Perhaps I could just remove that outer part from the hammock? I may just remove it altogether.. and he mostly just runs in and out, never relaxing and laying in it to my knowledge. He LOVES all of his ledges, and as soon as he is bigger I will take some of the larger shelves out and replace with ledges galore! 2.) I have a "salt lick" hanging in the back of the cage. Is this no good for him? He doesn't lick it very often (again, to my knowledge), but he does seem to enjoy chewing the rope that it hangs on.

Also, I purchased the large metal flying saucer wheel, which he literally figured out in a day and is OBSESSED with… but I have since removed it until he is 6 months old. I will miss singing "Up in his cage just working on his fitness, Hermilicious!" while he is on it… but 2 more months of a wait is a small price to pay for his overall wellbeing.

Anyways, I am excited to be a part of the forum. Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice! :)

-Sandra

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hermilicious.jpg (92.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Cage1.jpg (48.8 KB)
File Type: jpg Cage2.jpg (63.0 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire