lundi 14 décembre 2015

Chin with diarrhea

Hello.

I've visited this forum many times when I was searching for various topics for my boy Oreo. But this is the first time I've posted. Oreo has been having diarrhea since Friday night. Very wet and squishy. They're better formed tonight but still very squishy. I was just wondering if there was anything else I can do. I've scrubbed his cage clean. I removed his pellets last night and gave him fresh hay from a new bag this morning.

He is still very active, bouncing around and is still begging for treats (which he has not had since Friday). He's drinking plenty of water.

We have only 2 vets in town and neither know anything about chinchillas. Even if they did, Oreo cannot be handled very well. He won't even let me pick him up. We're not sure how old he is. I've had him for 6 years and which would make him at least 8 or 9. We rescued him from being a classroom pet.

He's had diarrhea once before but it cleared up quickly. I've tried the burnt toast but he won't touch it. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire