mardi 8 décembre 2015

Loss of motor control, general disorientation?

Hi everyone,

My little 5 yr. old beige boy Toby was acting strangely this morning. He seemed completely normal the night before, but he wouldn't come to me from his cage, I had to scoop him up for his daily play time (mine get morning and night :-) I thought he was just sleepy. But when I placed him down on the floor, I noticed he was suffering from some kind of loss of balance, couldn't use his hind legs very well at all, to the point of falling over to one side and not being able to right himself. He just seemed generally out of sorts, limp, and not very alert, however took some treats and was pooping fine.

I got an emergency appointment with our regular exotic vet and the three guesses were: stroke, seizure or inner ear infection causing vertigo and imbalance. The only physical "anomaly" she noticed was his right pupil didn't seem normal. We were sent home with some antibiotics and a mild pain killer for discomfort, in the event it was the latter cause.

I was really scared that we were going to lose him this morning, although he seemed a little perkier at the vets. He was moving around better but definitely not normal. I am still so worried about him that I can't concentrate on anything at work, and can't wait to get home to be with him :-(

We have a follow up appt. on Monday, to see if the meds actually helped anything. In the meantime, just thought I would query the forum to see if anyone had experienced anything similar with their chins?

Thank you.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire