vendredi 14 novembre 2014

Weird noise/shaking of head

Lately at night i've been hearing carl make this noise. I thought it was his sneezing but its not soft enough. Its like this sharp noise, almost between a bark/screech. Its hard to catch on recording otherwise id post. I'm going to search the sound thread to see if i can find it and update, but finally i was able to catch him in the act and hes been making that noise PLUS shaking his head a little. From what i've noticed,it happens more towards the night. Normally when the lights off in my room and im trying to go to bed. Its the same noise he makes when i give him a treat after i've done my nails. He dosent like the smell of the nailpolish. I normally wash my hands several times if i have to feed him after doing them. No smell has changed in my room. I try not to use air fresheners/sprays in my room because i dont want him inhaling them. However, because its cold outside i've had my window closed and the heaters been on, do you think that could be the reason? Theres no correlation to the heater being on/off and him making this noise but my room door is always closed so if that is it, maybe the smell of the heat from the vent is lingering? Does anybody else's chinchilla make this noise? Im planning on making an appointment for a yearly check up anyway but is this something i should call ASAP and get checked out? I did put my fingers on his mouth and he didnt squeak or show signs of discomfort (I wasnt squeezing or anything, i believe my vet checked his teeth the same way) I havent noticed him pulling at his whiskers or eating any less. Ive been giving him hay almost all the time because I was stupid and didnt realize he needed them for his back teeth (not even sure if his past owner gave him hay but he gets it now) He still eats his treats fine and drinks water as far as i can tell. :( any advice?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire