mardi 18 novembre 2014

Questions with Bene Bac, Baytril, and Simethicone

So I went to the vet for a check up for my chinchilla and her then 8 day old kit, and because her poop was soft and I saw she had a little diarrhea. I looked up some exotic vets in the area and was glad to see that a local exotic vet had very good reviews. I went in and they checked the mom and kit, saying that they looked good but mom just had a little extra gas. She checked some fresh droppings from the pet carrier and later said there was nothing there such as parasites.



So the vet gave me some medicine for the mom.

Bene Bac (1 gram per day for 10 days)

Baytril (.25 cc every 12 hours for 7 days)

Simethicone: Infants' Gas Relief (The brand is Well at Walgreens. She instructed me to get this myself, and give her .3 cc every 12 hours for 3 days, which has already passed so she is done with that)



I started the medication on November 15th when I woke up, and it is now November 18th (the end of day 4).



I've noticed that the mother chinchilla isn't eating nearly as much as she used to, or drinking as much. I filled her water up a day and a half ago and it looks like she barely touched it. She is a little grumpy after I give her the medication, but she usually eats a lot of hay and some pellets. For the past day and a half she hasn't seemed as interested and seems to be sleeping more than usual. She used to poop A LOT, and now its seems weird that she isn't pooping as much as she was before. At the current moment she just woke up (11:24 PM), and seems like she's a little bit active.



I just looked up the medications I'm giving her and I see that some people are against it. I'm going to look at her tomorrow and see if I can get a check up for her at the vet tomorrow if she doesn't look well. Does anyone have experience with these medications or know what negative effects they can have? I know it's stressful for her to take the medicine since she just had her kit not to long ago and she really doesn't seem to like taking it from the little syringes while I hold her close so she can't run away or hurt herself. I'm just afraid that this is doing more harm than good. The kit seems healthy and is gaining roughly 2-4 grams a day so I'm assuming she still is nursing from the mom.

(After about 5 minutes of looking around for mom, it seems like she went back in her house. A week ago she was excited to get out and stretch a little, but now I' worried that she is in worse condition than before.)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire