jeudi 20 novembre 2014

Red spot/ Rash on the knee of my chinchilla

Hi there, very sorry if my formatting is incorrect but this is my first time using this board.



I have three male chinchillas, and got the first one around 9 months ago. They live in a 6' cage that has marble tiles on two levels and for the other two levels I use fleece lining, eat oxbow pellets, and fresh timothy hay. They have a ready access to water and I have cut off treats completely about a month ago. My mosaic and standard are rescues.



Yesterday my mosaic, waffles, ran into the cat's bowl of water. (I have a baby gate up but they are getting better and better at getting over it, I now put the water up during playtime). I noticed right away, and my boyfriend and I went to blow dry (no heat) him. When we did we noticed this bald patch on his knee, with a red mark on it.



Yesterday the mark was in a different spot (towards the top of the bald spot) and horizontal, and maybe 4 mm wide. It looked like a cut in shape, but there was no broken skin.



Today this is what it looks like. It has moved entirely, and still no broken skin. This chinchilla is a nut and likes to run into things wildly during playtime. I don't think that bruises can generate and disappear this quickly though?



http://ift.tt/1F3RnpO





We live in Georgia, where about a week ago the humidity dropped to between 40-45%. Before that however it was quite high. They get dust baths every time they come out for play, about 4-5x a week. Are these conditions for ringworm? From the images I see on google, ringworm does not look like this.



He has zero change in behavior, eats normal and runs around like a bat out of **** when he can. He runs on his wheel just as well. If he hadn't gotten wet I never would have seen this, or known any better.



I plan on keeping track of it for another few days before I take him to the vet but if anyone can recognize the condition or situation that would be so helpful.



Waffles has a great personality, especially for being a rescue and I don't want anything happening to my baby. =[



Thank you so much for any input!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire