samedi 1 novembre 2014

Possible medical issue on new chin?

Hello!



About 3 weeks ago an individual I know could no longer properly take care of their Chin. He's 6 years old and a sweet heart so I agreed to take him in.



I have a few concerns though. (and a heads up I do plan to take him to the vet but I can't get him in for a few weeks.)



First off he will lay on the shelf with just his head dropping off. Unperturbed he will spend maybe 5 mins like this. And if I walk over and open the door he bounces right back up. Is this normal behavior?



Secondly he might be starting to develop bumble foot. I kept rats for a number of years and have some experience with this. For my rats I used Vetericyn VF wound and infection spray if I saw the beginning of sores to help prevent infection. (I also know to keep their cages particularly clean when fighting it) Is this safe to use on the Chin till I can get him to a vet? I worry because their fur is so dense that it could cause more harm than good.



Third is he is Reeeeaaally difficult to get out of his cage... He will run right up to me for treats and nimble on my fingers, so i think he's comfortable with me. But when I go to pick him up he just zippes away. Any hints? (The cage is on stilts so I can't just open the door to let him out I have to pick him up).





Thank you all in advance! I really appreciate you reading/responding to this!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire