lundi 19 mai 2014

Think it's about time to let Smudge go...

I know I don't post much about my chins these days but I know some of you that have been around for awhile know my guy Smudge, so I just wanted to share with everyone.



I haven't really talked much about his teeth issues, I think I've mentioned it a few times, but for a couple years now he has had problems with spurs on his back molars and has had to go in every 5-6 months for filings. He had x-rays every filing that never showed any root involvement. Usually he let me know he was due by starting to ignore his hay. If he ignored his hay for a few days it was his cue that he was due for a filing. After the filings he would always bounce back to his normal self and go back to eating hay.



For his last filing a couple months ago in March, I noticed he was ignoring his hay but he was also only eating half of a pellet and leaving the other half, and noticed his eyes starting to weep. We got x-rays again and this time saw that he may have mild elongation starting. The vet went ahead and filed and decided that we would keep an eye on him to see how he does.



He bounced back like he usually does but he is already showing symptoms again. Over the past few days his eyes have gotten weepy, and when I watched him eat this morning he was mouth swiping after each bite and dropping the pellet. He even started running away from the bowl after each bite as if he was scared of it. He hasn't touched his hay in a week despite me trying all kinds of different varieties. He is even turning down Stacey's famous chin cookies.



I made an appointment with his vet for Wednesday and will more than likely help him over the bridge. He was my third chin and I have had him since 2006, he has been through a lot with me. Everyone who knows Smudge knows his strong and bratty personality with his signature eyebrow. I just wanted to share with everyone here because I know he had quite a few fans.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire