lundi 19 mai 2014

Questions about wood and a few on storage

Hello, I am getting back into chins. I have another thread in a different section here explaining that as well as showing my double FN with all the supplies I have.



But I have some questions about wood and other miscellaneous things that I can't seem to find an answer by searching this site.



1. Twigs, sticks, or disks??

I know the difference but is there a different purpose for each? Is one preferred over the other, etc.



2. How "fresh" does the wood have to be? For example, I won't be getting a chin, probably two, until July-October, can I stock up on wood now or does it go bad like food?



3. Kind of related to Q#2, how much oz/lb does a chin go through in a month? And how many months worth of wood can I have to make sure it is "fresh" ?



4. I have heard to store wood in a cardboard box with its top cut off to allow proper airflow, is this correct?



5. Is there an airtight container that fits under the FN that will store 10 lbs of oxbow pellets?



6. How much hay can I store per chin to make sure it is fresh?



Thanks you for your time and patience and knowledge!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire