dimanche 25 mai 2014

Any chance of adapting this cage for a breeding pair?

I'll be moving in a few months, so should finally be able to look at maybe having a couple more chinnies! As far as breeding goes, it's something I've been interested in for some time and have attended shows and talked with NCS breeders about it (which I'll continue to do), so it's not something I'd enter into lightly. I'll be at home so will have plenty of time to spend with them, too.



I'm just trying to plan ahead a bit, since at the moment I have the option of getting help with moving and setting up cages (otherwise it'll be me fighting to assemble stuff by myself).



I really like the look of these cages as a pet cage (with the ladders removed and wooden shelves added, of course):

http://ift.tt/1nKc4jb



But obviously I can see it looks like a definite no-no for kits. (clearer pic. of bar spacing here: http://ift.tt/1nn5cdi) Could it work for a pair if the top section were blocked, maybe the shelf removed, and with moving the female to a baby safe cage when necessary? (I don't mean right before the due date, or anything, that'd be cutting it a bit fine) I only wanted one pair, really, and was thinking of choosing an older female, so my first pair would eventually end up just as my pets anyway (not still caged together, obvs, unless the male had the snip).



Thoughts? :))




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire