mardi 20 mai 2014

Producer's Pride Rabbit Feed?

I just had an interesting question brought up to me and was hoping to get some input from some of y'all. One of the FB groups I belong to includes people with all types of pets, and today I noticed a post from someone regarding the 2 chinchillas they'd recently adopted. It's a male and female being housed together (ughh), they're in a cage with plastic shelves, have a wire mesh wheel that has a diameter of 12" at the most, and are being feed some sort of chinchilla food "mix" that the owner says she picks all the dried fruits out of and puts in a different container to feed as treats.



I offered advice on what needed to be done to provide a safe environment (along with separating them but I get the feeling she's already decided she wants them to breed), and gave her suggestions regarding what type of pellets to feed--and ditch all that dried fruit obviously lol.



Another member then replied and basically criticized the pellets I'd recommended because they all contain cane molasses in the ingredients. He then said that Producer's Pride Rabbit Feed (it's sold at TSC apparently), doesn't contain *any* sugars and is the only product on the market that doesn't, and suggested it would be a better choice for chinchillas as well.



I'd never heard of that brand before so right now all I know about it is the fairly limited amount of info I've found online so far. It contains 15% protein min. and 15-18% fiber. So far I haven't been able to find a complete ingredient list, although I did find a site where it mentioned that the first 5 ingredients are "Processed Grain By Products, forage products, roughage products, grain products, plant protein products". Am I being paranoid or do those sound a bit "sketchy"?



Anyway, I'm curious now and would like to be able to confirm to the person who brought it up whether it is or isn't appropriate and why. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire