lundi 13 octobre 2014

Tail Injury, lost fur

Tail does not appear to have damage to the bones of any kind.

My 4 year old somehow got a hold of his tail, and now there is a large patch of fur completely missing. It looks like if a human were to fall and scrape a knee. There's no dripping blood or blood anywhere around the cage, but skin is definitely looking sore and raw. Seems more of an external injury that does not require a vet, but surely there is something I can/should do for faster healing and comfort? I will continue watching the tail to be sure it is moving ok.

I didn't know if something like Neosporin was safe for a chin. And if I wrapped it after applying to prevent them from licking the Neosporin, wouldn't they just chew off the bandage?

The dust bath is not in the cage right now, figured dust on a skin abrasion wouldn't be good. They mostly spend their time at the top of cage under their house during the day. Injured chin rarely goes to bottom of cage.





My chins are not used to being handled, avoiding doing so until I have to so I don't stress him out more. Whatever went down this morning obviously stressed him enough.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire