mardi 28 octobre 2014

New chinchilla?

So my dear Lucy passed away a few days ago, she died of choke. It was unfortunate, and I'm so sad to not have her around anymore.

But I'm considering getting a new chinny, because having Lucy was one of the most wonderful things ever.



I'm also afraid, because I know just how long it took me and Lucy to form a solid bond with each other. Where she would hop out onto my hands, wait for me at the cage doors, hop onto my shoulder, and we had a bunch of tricks that we could do together. Such as she came when I called her name, hop onto my shoulder when I sat on the ground, hop onto my lap when I sat in a chair and so much more..



But I was in the process of building Lucy a new, massive cage, not that she needed it, because she had a ferret nation all to herself, but because I felt she deserved a wonderful cage for a wonderful chin. I was making it out of wire shelving (like the kind you put in closets to put clothes on), filled with wood shelving, huts, and a litter tray, fleece tunnels, hammocks, and fleece on the bottom. The dimensions were 4ftx2ftx6ft (4 feet in length, 2 feet wide, 6 feet tall), and now that she's gone, I don't know what to do with all the materials that I have now paid a lot of money for.



I know a new chinchilla will never be like Lucy. And it hurts, because Lucy was so important and special to me, something that I know I couldn't achieve with another chinny.

So any advice? Should I go through with the adventure again? Lucy and I went through a lot together, it was hard, but I enjoyed every minute that she lived... I feel I could experience this with a new chinchilla.. to have all the joys I did with Lucy.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire