lundi 20 octobre 2014

New chinnie!

So today my mom and I went down to the local pet store (who doesn't have a good rep for how they treat their animals, it's all about the money). It was a last resort look for a decent priced water bottle for my girl, Willow. She currently has a Lixit plastic bottle and it leaks really bad no matter what I do. So I had to get her a new one. Everywhere else is so expensive, so I figured I might as well look there. Well I know they have some chinchillas (usually one or two standards) and it always breaks my heart to look, but I always do. Today, they had a two standard boys, and a really pretty beige girl. One standard was housed alone in a tiny little cage, and the other standard was housed with the beige in the same size cage right below. The cage size was too small for one small chin, let alone two. I was instantly in love. When I asked to see the chins on the bottom, I was told they were beige and ebony. The "ebony" was clearly a standard, any one who knew even the slightest about chins could tell that. They pulled the "ebony" out and the lady insisted it was a girl until I pulled up pictures on my phone showing it was a boy. Then she pulled out the beige for me and I looked, and it was a girl... So they've had an "ebony girl" housed with the beige girl for who knows how long.

(Sorry I digress from the points...)



Any way, they were housed in a tiny cage, no ledges to climb or anything, just a plastic igloo that was chewed beyond belief. They had a little pan on wood pellet bedding on one side of the cage, and were being fed "garbage" food, the kind with all the treats in it, and were given orange slices to eat...



I could not leave the beige girl in that cage. I wanted to take all 3, but 1) I didnt have the money, 2)I dont have the extra cages, and 3) it was hard enough to convince my mom to let me get this girl.



So now I have her at home, in a cage (that's still probably too small to be permanent, but it'll work for her quarantine and pregnancy watch), and it's still about twice the size they were in at the store).



Anyway, my question is about her color. I'm thinking she's a Hetero Beige. But I want to be sure.

Also is there any way to guesstimate her age?

And is there anything specific I should give her in case she really is pregnant? I plan on weighing her, but it'll be hard to know if it's pregnancy weight, or just from getting the proper nutrition.



I also need name ideas. Maybe something ending in 'o' or 'ow' since that's what my others end in (Mazlow, Gizmo, Willow)















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire