lundi 13 octobre 2014

Looking for a New England Rescue...

for a pair of elderly male chinnies.





My home has become completely unsuitable for these poor animals :(

They have a long pet owner history that did not include proper bonding and interaction, and so they really cannot be handled out of the cage, stresses them out to try to catch them later, naturally. Sweet guys, no aggression or bad habits, just not the cute and cuddly ride around on your shoulder kind of pets most people imagine with chinchillas. They are getting on in their years so I am not sure how much they can be taught and be bonded with at this point, but it stands to reason that they would tolerate some handling with an owner who understands how to help them.

One chinny suffered an injury at the hands of my 4 year old this morning. I expect a full health recovery, but it is just another reason that my home is not the ideal placement for these guys. My children are special needs, and so they very well may be behind the average child in terms of empathy development for other creatures.

I will be happy to go into detail through messaging. Simply placing these guys up on Craigslist would not do them any favors, I am really aiming to find a rescue or very experienced chinchilla owner who can give these guys adequate love and care.



In the event that I forget to check this, you can also email me.

alana.shirley@gmail.com




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire