mardi 28 octobre 2014

Edgy few days.

So I'm now the proud "dad" to Starla (Homo Ebony) and Luna (Ebony Mosaic) after the long, long wait!



Just a few questions and concerns I'm hoping you can help me out with.



Despite only being days apart in terms of age Luna is quite a bit bigger than Starla. I've read somewhere that it's not unusual for pure Ebony to take a little longer to mature/reach their full potential? I'm not overly concerned about this but thought I'd mention it.



Luna also likes to try and hump Starla on occassion, again I assume she's trying to assert dominance but should I let them sort it out themselves or intervene when this happens?



Finally, and most concerning...they don't appear to spend much time together during the day. Luna has taken the high ground in the house upstairs (easily big enough for 2 of them) where she sleeps and poor old Starla is relegated under the bridge at the very bottom of the cage, which is where she sleeps. They seem to get on fine when they wake up around 17.30and have the odd snooze together after playing a bit, but I'm concerned that Luna has relegated Starla to the bottom at most other times.



As it goes Starla is the friendlier of the two, always up at the bars and nosing around. Luna is very skittish.



Perhaps I'm being too impatient. It's only been a few days, afterall.



Thanks folks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire