mardi 18 mars 2014

Weird poop; super scared for my chin!

My chinchilla Emi is sick, and I don't know what to do. I got her from a rescue in November, and she has been doing so well up until the past two days. On Saturday I noticed her poop was squishy and rounder than her usual stool (which has always been normal). I took away all treats and pellets and started giving her just timothy hay (oxbow). Yesterday, her poop was the same. I gave her a probiotic cookie from whimsey menagerie (a chinchilla rescue) and watered down apple juice (no sugar added, no preservatives, etc) along with her water. She has not been drinking as normal. Her poop still is greasy looking and soft.



Yesterday and Saturday her energy level looked normal (and at play time she was hopping and running around as usual). Today she's been more lethargic although granted she could just still be sleepy. Should I continue doing her play time? It's usual once or twice a day for one hour (sometimes an hour and a half).



Also, her weights normally in the 660s and now it's in the 640s. (grams)



What should I do? Should I continue with the probiotic cookie and apple juice?



We also recently switched her to kiln-dried pine bedding in her litter pan (everything else is polar fleece) from the carefresh natural. She started eating that, I freaked out and switched her to the pine (that was three weeks ago). She does nibble on that although I have no idea how to stop her (I've put toys by her litter pan in case she's just bored there). Could that be it?



Please any advise would be helpful. I'm so scared for my sweet girl; she's my first chin and I love her so much. Also, if anyone has any exotic vets they recommend in the Fredericksburg/DC area that would be amazing. Thank you so much!



Karen




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire